Experienced commercial contracts attorney who is able to deliver exceptional service, be team-oriented and work productively in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft, review, edit, negotiate and finalize customer sales, channel partner, procurement and otheragreements including but not limited to NDAs, evaluation, professional services, master purchase, reseller, SaaS, and software license agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team.
- Draft and review non-routine or specialized sales contracts, terms and conditions, and RFPs.
- Collaborate with business development organization on technology partnerships and other business alliance relationships, and draft and negotiate contracts related to same.
- Liaise with finance, legal, sales operations, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High proficiency with electronic document management software.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Team player with strong business acumen, excellent organizational skills, meticulous detail orientation, and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Willingness to enhance expertise continually to address rapid industry changes and heightened oversight.
- Able to effectively collaborate with other departments and external parties.
- Willingness to learn new skills and learn and understand various business software applications.
- Ability to help troubleshoot and suggest process improvements to process.
- Must possess ability to function in a demanding, fast-paced, multi-dimensional role.
- Must be resourceful and have proven problem-solving skills.
- Must exhibit motivation for seeking out obscure information, and anticipate the needs of co- workers and supervisors and work proactively to meet them.
- J.D. with solid academic record and at least three years’ experience at a reputable law firm or in-house, with hands-on experience in drafting and negotiating NDAs, evaluation agreements, and sales agreements, including software licensing, professional services, master purchase and reseller agreements.
- Experience in-house at a technology company is preferred
- Significant experience drafting agreements and negotiating transactions involving intellectual property
- Able to adapt legal requirements in a pragmatic way consistent with company objectives.
- Highly motivated self-starter, who excels in a fast-paced, time pressured and demanding environment.
- Able to successfully manage competing priorities and work independently on a wide range of issues and projects, while delivering quality work.
- Excellent negotiator, able to effectively negotiate issues externally and internally, including across departments, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of information technology required; experience working with software developers and engineers aplus.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply