Financial Modeling Expertise
Hiring Managers Note
2- to 3-month contract. Remote full-time position – can be located anywhere. Manager sits in Cambridge. Manager is looking for a HIGHLY skilled financial modeling expert. Person will be working on a project for a new product. This person will need to create a model, cost benefit for the product.
ADVANCED Excel skills. Prove It test required. They need to have the ability to manage large amounts of data and think about something that is complex and unclear and translate that into a model that can help the business clarify their thinking. MBA preferred Investment banking or experience in internal operations and streamlining or modeling operations preferred.
REMOTE position can be located anywhere. Manager sits in Cambridge, MA.
To provide leadership, and outstanding problem-solving capabilities to develop a financial model for estimating cost benefits of the development of a new product. This will include developing a deep understanding of the business and its needs as well as the impact the new product will have on workflow and demand for resources.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Work with internal stakeholders across multiple business units and geographies to model existing cost base.
- Work with product management team to understand product features developed as well as product roadmap.
- Bring these teams together to estimate potential cost savings and model cost savings over the course of 4 years.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, e.g., able to structure difficult/ambiguous problems and suggest pragmatic ways to solve them. Creative and persistent in approach to research and analysis, e.g. is willing to innovate and suggest multiple approaches in solving a single problem.
- Exceptional quantitative skills, e.g., ability to perform statistical analyses of complex data files as well as undertake complex financial modeling.
- Excellent leadership skills, e.g., ability to manage and motivate teams to deliver top-quality results under tight deadlines.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to synthesize findings clearly to present to Elsevier’s executive team via exhibits and text summaries.
- Ability to engage with and influence senior leaders within Elsevier.
- Ability to understand implications for Elseviers business and to develop recommendations based on research findings.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, high energy and willingness to take initiative.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and self-sufficient.
- 2 to 4 years of post-MBA experience with in investment banking (or comparable background).
Required Skills: Finance, investment banking, financial modeling
How to Apply