Respondent is the world’s first marketplace for scheduling research interviews with any target audience, anywhere in the world. We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of conducting market research interviews with high-quality participants; that’s why more than 2,500 user experience researchers, marketers, product designers and other stakeholders at some of the best companies in the world - like Airbnb, IBM, Salesforce and many more - use Respondent every day.
Work hard, and take responsibility for your own freedom. That's us. Self-motivated, research-focused, and a smart thinker with experience in dealing with backend engineering and data at scale...is that you?
You will be working with the CTO and two other engineers. This role is not a mid-level position.
What you'll do:
- Build scalable backend applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Work with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies like Redis.
- Scale and improve our Neo4j matching API with tools like NLP and machine learning
- Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Improve our data pipelines and matching algorithms
- Improve and scale our Node.js applications
What we're looking for:
- Be exceedingly comfortable working on tight deadlines
- Intense curiosity, and drive to seek out answers to unanswered questions
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- A BS degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields
- At least 5 years experience in production environment
- Experience with Node.js applications
- Experience with any of the following languages: Python, C#, Java
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- Experience with Graph Databases (We use Neo4j)
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
Work remotely from anywhere
Flexible schedule and a goal-oriented culture
Competitive salary and opportunity to grow with the company
Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat motivated team
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work is essential.
SHARE THIS JOB