Dotdash is seeking a Content Producer to help us take our new lifestyle site, The Spruce, and our recipe and cooking content to the next level. We are looking for a digitally savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all things food. The Content Producer will work with The Spruce content team to improve editorial content and user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue. This is a remote position.
About Your Responsibilities:
- Review food, recipe and other lifestyle content to ensure best practices are being met.
- Suggest copy edits and other improvements to subpar content.
- Periodically update content, including replacing outdated images, as needed.
- Work with team on ad-hoc projects with the goal of improving content quality, such as reformatting content or building articles and slideshows.
About Your Qualifications:
- Proactive, flexible team player with a sense of humor, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment.
- 1-2 years experience editing food or other lifestyle related content on the web
- Experience working closely with remote co-workers
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Detail oriented and deadline focused with solid proofing skills. Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications a major plus
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire, ThoughtCo, and TripSavvy.
How to Apply